Romantic movies are not only fun to watch, they can also contain lessons about love that are true to life. Below are 10 of my favourite romantic movie quotes that teach us what it means to love, and to be loved.
x x x
1. Never give up hope. One day when everything falls into place you’ll realise everything you wished for has finally come to be.
“The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back” – Melanie (Sweet Home Alabama)
2. How important it is to always defend the one you love.
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” – Johnny (Dirty Dancing)
3. Love is a great lesson learned.
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” – Christian (Moulin Rouge)
4. That no matter what happens in life, everyday is a gift to be cherished.
“I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life…But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” – Duke (The Notebook)
5. No matter what happened in the past, remember that love conquers all.
“I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame.” – Robbie (Atonement)
6. You shouldn’t waste any time telling someone you have fallen for that you are in love with them.
“I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry (When Harry Met Sally)
7. You want someone to see you, not an image, just you.
“I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.” – Anna (Notting Hill)
8. You can’t control love, sometimes it’s fate.
“No, I like you, Very much. Just the way you are.” – Darcy (Bridget Jones Diary).
9. Being in love makes you realise you want to be a better version of yourself.
“The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier. Thankyou. I Love you. I knew it from the moment I met you. I’m sorry it took me so long to catch up”. – Pat (Silver Linings Playbook)
10. When you love someone deeply, you love who they are, and who they were.
“I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand than eternity without it”. – Seth (City of Angels)