Only a few more weeks until the latest instalment of author E L James Fifty Shades series Fifty Shades Darker hits cinemas, and I am not sure how I feel about that. I am looking forward to the wickedness – I mean come on, those scenes were pretty hot, but as for the controlling, patronising and arrogant Mr Grey… I could just as soon leave it. I recently watched Fifty Shades of Grey just so I could remember what the movie was like. By the time I reached the scene where Christian tells Anastasia he doesn’t do romance, love etc with that haughty look on his face, I remembered what I didn’t like about it.
There were very few times in Fifty Shades of Grey were Christian came across like a half decent human being. Just when you got a tiny sliver of something resembling normal he would close off and go back to being an asshole! Anastasia’s naivety was annoying as well, where do I start on the corny one liners?!! I really do hope the movies producers hired a new screen writer for Fifty Shades Darker because the dialogue in the first movie was beyond terrible!
I still can’t believe Fifty Shades of Grey did so well at the Box Office. To date, the first movie has grossed more than $560 million globally – like sheesh!! I bet actor Jamie Dornan can afford something better than Christian Greys boring Audi Spider 🙂 The latest movie is due to hit cinemas across Australia the week before Valentines Day. I wonder why the studio chose that time of the year to release the movie? Would you take your partner to watch Christian and Anastasia get it on for Valentines Day? Now I can’t help but wonder how many guys and girls will be buying lingerie and sex toys for their partners this year? 😉
I was going to spill some details on the movie, but you know what – everyone already knows everything! Then I found a few things and I thought hmmm, maybe everyone doesn’t. Here is some information you may, or may not know about the series –
* Apparently a studio called Smash Pictures tried to produce a porn version of the Fifty Shades film (Fifty Shades of Grey: A XXX Adaptation). But Universal, which distributes Fifty Shades, was having none of it. Universal Pictures took Smash Pictures to court and the two parties eventually settled, with Smash agreeing to halt production on A XXX Adaptation. Yeah – take that!!
* The books and movie has been banned in several states across the U.S including Wisconsin, Georgia and Florida and has been banned in several countries including Brazil, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria, Kenya, United Arab Emirates, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia and parts of Russia. I also read in Cinema Blend it wasn’t being screened across China either. Yep – no steamy sex scenes for these guys and girls!
*On author E.L James’ website, she has included a list of songs she listened to while writing the series. Every book in the trilogy has its own playlist and includes Britney Spears song Toxic, Frank Sinatra classic Witchcraft and Kings of Leon song Sex on Fire. Hmmm, I wonder what else she was listening to…
* A women’s charity in the U.K. was so disgusted by the book that they requested people donate their copies to be burned. Only 24 books – yes – 24 books, were submitted for the bonfire. So they decided to use the pages as toilet paper instead.
* An Australian board game company has developed (you guessed it) the Fifty Shades of Grey Board game. The game is called: The Fifty Shades of Grey Party Game and is available at Big W. The game is designed to spice up a girls night in order to find out everything you know about your friends before discovering who is enough of an “Inner Goddess” to win!
* and finally… the most bit of information I found online was that Jamie Dornan wore a “penis pouch” while shooting.. Apparently it is like one of those satchels that Robin Hood or someone of that era would have tied on to his belt. There’s no back, and well theres basically not much to it at all 🙂
So while you are all contemplating those little tid bits of information, I am going online to secure tickets. Why? As I have said, for me it is all about the wickedness 😉 If you’re not going, please leave a message and let me know why. Fifty Shades Darker is scheduled for release across Australia on Thursday the 9th of February. Check your local cinemas website for more details.
x x x